Active attacks along the entire line of contact draw the UFU forces away from Artemivsk (Bakhmut)
from thefreeonline on March 14, 2023 by Andrey Fedorov and Bogdan Stepovoi at Izvestia via Not Something Else
‘This is a such a helpful news story from Izvestia reporters, published today, which I have taken the liberty of copying here in the English translation‘they give the lie to reports of how Russia is stagnated and pinned down in Ukraine. The forces fighting in that region for Russia are not in any way stagnated, dispirited or poorly supported....Not Something Else
Russian troops are increasing the pace of their offensive in the Donbas. Marines of the Pacific Fleet are moving forward in the area of Ugledar, Izvestia correspondents report.
They visited the line of contact and saw groups of snipers clearing the way for Black Beret assault squads. Nearby Marinka and Avdiivka continue to be hit as well.
Our troops are conducting active attacks along the line of contact to pull the enemy forces away from Artemivsk (Bakhmut), where the phase of decisive battles begins, experts explain.
>>Military Overview: Wagner Fighters Approached City Administration Building In Center Of Bakhmut14/03/23
One shot — one target
‘In the Yuzhnodonetsky and Zaporizhia directions, aircraft and artillery of the Vostok group of troops defeated enemy units in the area of Ugledar in the DPR, Poltavka, Gulyai-Pole and Shcherbakov in the Zaporizhia region.
During the day, up to 60 militants, two pickup trucks, as well as D-20 and D-30 howitzers were destroyed here, the Russian Defense Ministry said’.
According to some reports, the Ukrainian forces have concentrated a group of up to 15-20 thousand people for a deblocking strike on Artemivsk (Bakhmut).
- To the forest – from heaven: Russian paratroopers advance to the Red Estuary
- The capture of the city and further offensive will allow you to go from the flank to Slavyansk
- Pathogenic engineering: US biolabs continue to operate in Ukraine
- Kiev has the scientific and technical potential to arrange a provocation with the use of dangerous viruses
Soon, the sniper and his assistants take up a firing position in an abandoned house. The group takes the first shots, but it is necessary to quickly relocate — the place where the sniper was lying is already illuminated and it can be covered by artillery or mortars at any time.
They move as quietly and stealthily as possible — the enemy should not see snipers. A group of Marines changes their position and goes to the target from the flank — which is more convenient to work with.
Photo: RIA Novosti/Alexander Galperin
From this point of view, the overview is even better. Intelligence helps find enemy firing points and reports their coordinates. Ukrainian militants occupy a private house, they are clearly visible.
— The observer was removed first, the shooter was removed second. The troops, with our support, passed through without fear of being chewed on from both sides” says a senior sniper with the call sign Second.
“Chewed” means conducted effective fire on our units.
- “We will appeal to Ukraine to provide an explanation”
- Pridnestrovian Foreign Minister Vitaly Ignatiev-about the attempted terrorist attack in Tiraspol and the involvement of different countries in it
At this time, assault groups of “black berets” under the cover of snipers enter the Southern Dachas area. VFU resistance is broken during the attack.
– The effectiveness of the performance indicator of my group is the absence of enemy snipers in the direction of the brigades, – the group commander with the call sign Yaryi notes.
The group follows a simple principle in its work:”One goal — one cartridge”. In just one month, it destroyed more than 50 militants near Ugledar, who hindered the advance of our main forces.
Photo: RIA Novosti/Alexey Maishev
With the help of this group of snipers, one of the streets of the village was recently cleared. Kirill Olkov says that in Ugledar, as in Artemivsk, our forces are trying to encircle the city.
Ugledar is the last powerful stronghold of the VFU in the South Donets direction with high-rises and underground passages. After that there are fields and much greater opportunities for the main forces to advance.
- “Vladimir Zelensky’s goal is to draw European nations into the conflict”
- MEP Thierry Mariani-on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Ukraine, the Nord Stream bombings and Macron’s African tour
The wasp won’t sting
The Russian army in the free-range zone is engaged in persistent offensive battles along the entire contact line.
They exhaust the enemy and do not allow him to concentrate a powerful fist to release Artemovsk and prepare for the spring offensive, military expert Vasily Dandykin told Izvestia.
– Now a lot is being decided in Artemivsk, and this is an important moment in the battles for Donbass in its own way, – the expert explained —
– For the enemy, this city is a symbol, and its loss will be a strong ideological and moral blow. Their situation is bad. Daily irretrievable losses can reach up to a battalion, and all supplies are carried out through the throat of a little over four kilometers, which is shot through by our troops.
According to some reports, the Ukrainian forces have concentrated a group of up to 15-20 thousand people for a deblocking strike on Artemivsk (Bakhmut). This could also include those that were planned to be used during the spring attack on Mariupol.
Photo: RIA Novosti/Alexey Maishev
According to the expert, attacks at different points of the line of contact allow us to “pull apart” these reinforcements and prevent them from delivering a powerful concentrated strike.
— All our attacks contribute to the achievement of these goals. In addition, the liberation of Ugledar, Marinka and Avdiivka, where our forces are also conducting attacks, will make life easier for residents of Donetsk and many areas of the DPR.
It is from here that the massive attacks on peaceful cities are conducted, ” the expert stated.
During the day, at least 440 people and 37 units of military equipment, including tanks, howitzers, self-propelled artillery units (self-propelled guns) and armored vehicles, were lost in all strategic directions of the UFU.
A Ukrainian Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile system was hit near the village of Pervomaiskoye in the DPR.
- “Just a little more time, a small border, and we will enter Avdiivka”
- How the crews of the Gvozdika self-propelled gun support the offensive of Russian troops in the Donetsk agglomeration
Saved 25 fighters
The Russian Defense Ministry spoke about the servicemen who showed courage and dedication in the battles.
The unit of Private Timur Kushpenov defended a liberated settlement. The enemy tried several times to regain control of the village, using artillery and mortars. During the next attack, the militants launched an artillery strike on the positions of our troops, and then went on the offensive.
Photo: RIA Novosti/Pavel Lisitsyn
Skilfully using the terrain conditions, Timur destroyed three units of military equipment and up to 10 militants with targeted fire from a hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher. Having suffered losses, the enemy retreated. Timur Kushpenov was awarded the Order of Courage for his courage and bravery shown in the performance of military duty.
During the liberation of one of the settlements, Sergeant Nurillo Hamidulloh acted as part of the marine brigade of the Pacific Fleet. He provided first aid to wounded servicemen and evacuated them to medical institutions.
Under enemy fire, Nurillo removed 25 wounded men from the battlefield, gathered them in a safe place and disguised them. After the battle, Nurillo ensured that all the wounded were evacuated to a field medical unit.
- OK, Not Feb 16, How About Feb 19?February 19, 2022In “Donbass evacuation to Russia ordered.”
- A Story of Invasion and Liberation in Southern Donbass Region of DPR …and MoreMarch 17, 2022In “Donbass liberation”
- The Waiver Of DonbassOctober 28, 2019