Telegram Channels to know what’s happening in Palestine

Resistance News Network The Resistance News Network is the most comprehensive Telegram channel providing live updates of developments on the ground in Palestine, particularly for those wanting to stay up to date with the Palestinian resistance. RNN circulates translated statements (from Arabic to English) issued by armed resistance groups including the Popular Front for the […]

Telegram Channels to know what’s happening in Palestine

McDonald’s latest business titan to face impact of pro-Israel stance

(Photo Credit: GETTY IMAGES) The Cradle The CEO of McDonald’s, Chris Kempczinski, said on 4 January that several markets in West Asia and some outside of the region were facing a “meaningful business impact” due to the war between the Palestinian resistance and Israel. 

McDonald’s latest business titan to face impact of pro-Israel stance

The Cradle

Kempczinski also said that “associated misinformation” about the company has been a reason for the financial issues the brand is facing, and that the misinformation surrounding McDonald’s was “disheartening and ill-founded.”

Western Israeli-linked fast food chains, including McDonald’s and Starbucks, have seen large grassroots boycott campaigns emerge over pro-Israel stances and alleged financial ties with Israel. 

“In every country where we operate, including in Muslim countries, McDonald’s is proudly represented by local owner-operators who work tirelessly to serve and support their communities while employing thousands of their fellow citizens,” Kempczinski said in a social media post. “That local community connection is the genius of the McDonald’s system.”

West Asian locations of McDonald’s are part of the company’s international developmental licensed markets division, a section that generates around 10 percent of the company’s revenue. 

McDonald’s franchisee in Malaysia, owned by Saudi Arabia’s Lionhorn Pte Ltd, filed a lawsuit against BDS Malaysia, accusing the group of “defamation,” and is seeking damages of over $1 million. Meanwhile, the Israel franchisee has supported the Israeli army by supplying its forces with free meals, according to BDS, “during the ongoing genocide of 2.3 million Palestinians in Gaza.”

Starbucks, another Western, Israeli-linked company, has also come out to say that the negative views brought upon the brand have been “influenced by misrepresentation on social media of what we stand for.”

In December 2023, the losses of Starbucks, a Seattle-based company, stood at $11 billion in value during the last quarter, due to Palestinian solidarity boycotts and employee strikes. 

The company tried to bounce back on losses by implementing a scheme during the holiday season that would allow consumers to receive a free holiday cup with every purchase. 

When announcing the gimmick in mid-November last year, the company’s market share crashed by 8.96 percent, accounting for billions in losses, the lowest the company has experienced since 1992.

[…]

Via https://new.thecradle.co/articles/mcdonalds-latest-business-titan-to-face-impact-of-pro-israel-stance

Bomb threats /Swatting trigger mass evacuations across US + protests at US backing Israeli Genocide in Gaza

from thefreeonlineon 5th Jan 2024 info by NYT/ HomeWorld News

An administrator attempts to calm a crowd of parents and family members outside Thomas Jefferson High School in San Antonio, Texas, after what turned out out to be a false report of a classroom shooting.

Traffic rolls past the Mississippi State Capitol in Jackson, Miss., as Capitol Police respond to a bomb threat within the building, Wednesday mornin, Jan. 3, 2024. ©  AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis

‘Horrified’: Hoax Bomb Threats Made to Hundreds of Jewish Organizations …

Dec 21, 2023Over the weekend, there were 200+ false bomb threats called into Jewish institutions and organizations. More than 200 false bomb threats and “swatting” calls were made against Jewish facilities …

A mass-emailed bomb threat received by officials in several US states on Wednesday prompted the evacuation of some statehouse buildings and disrupted government operations. No explosives were found, local authorities have said.

‘Swatting’ Hoaxes Disrupt Schools Across the Country. What Educators …The FBI has labeled the practice “swatting,” a term that refers to filing a false report with the aim of stoking chaos and provoking a large law enforcement response. “There are some kind of .

The incidents follow a spate of “swatting” incidents — false reports of gunfire at the homes of public figures. Last week, pranksters targeted a number of US officials with the calls, as well as billionaire currency speculator George Soros.

Bomb threats cause evacuations at multiple US statehouses… US lawmakers targeted by Christmas swatting hoaxes Other states – including Wyoming, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri and Maryland – also received threats on Wednesday but did not close, according to…

In the threatening email sent on Wednesday morning, the author said they had “placed multiple explosives inside of your State Capitol.” These bombs were “well hidden inside” and would “go off in a few hours,” the email said, according to multiple reports. The same message was received by government offices in at least 23 states, according to CNN.

Furious pro-Palestine protestors scale White House gates …Daily Mail1815— Upwards of 100000 people flocked to the nation’s capital as a day of pro-Palestine protests erupted across the globe, resulting in several …

More Mass. School Hoax Swatting Reports – NECN.. Feb 14, 2023Reacting to a wave of “swatting” calls last week in his state, Vermont Gov. Phil Scott called them “an act of terrorism designed to create chaos.” More ‘swatting’ news schools Feb 13

Feb 14, 2023Reacting to a wave of “swatting” calls last week in his state, Vermont Gov. Phil Scott called them “an act of terrorism designed to create chaos.” More ‘swatting’ news schools Feb 13

Among those who received the threats were officials from Kentucky, Mississippi, Georgia, Connecticut, Michigan, Minnesota, Alaska, Hawaii, and others. Several states evacuated their government buildings after receiving the warning. There were no reports of suspicious items found during the searches. Police called to Soros’ New York home

In Minnesota, the bomb threat interrupted oral arguments at the state Supreme Court in the Capitol, which had to be moved to other courtrooms, Minnesota Judicial Branch spokesman Kyle Christopherson told AP.

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear posted about the evacuation of the state capitol on X (formerly Twitter), saying “we are aware of similar threats made to other offices across the country.”

NYC Synagogues Hit With Multiple False Bomb Threats in ‘Swatting’ Hoax NYC Synagogues Hit With Multiple False Bomb Threats In ‘Swatting’ Hoax “These emails appear to be part of another series of ‘swatting,’ or hoax threats, similar to campaigns that we have…

Gabe Sterling, the chief operating officer in the Georgia Secretary of State’s office, wrote on X that there would be “chaos agents sowing discord for 2024” and urged citizens not to let them “increase tensions.”

Bomb threats trigger mass evacuations across US – A mass-emailed bomb threat received by officials in several US states on Wednesday prompted the evacuation of some statehouse buildings and disrupted government operations. No explosives were found, local authorities have said. The incidents follow a spate of “swatting” incidents — false reports of

Hours later, Sterling reported that his own family had become victims of “swatting,” saying that 911 received a call that “a drug deal gone bad,” resulting in a shooting at his home.

The FBI later issued a statement on Wednesday, calling the email threats “a hoax” that was being taken “very seriously” because of the danger they posed to innocent people, multiple news outlets reported. The bureau added that so far there was “no information to indicate a specific and credible threat,” but said it would continue to investigate the cases.

US to designate Israel boycott movement BDS as antisemitic

Mike Pompeo has announced the US will formally designate the Palestinian -led movement to boycott Israel as “antisemitic” and cut off government funding to any organisations linked to it, in a …

Top US court refuses to review anti-BDS law. Here’s what it means

Washington, DC – The United States Supreme Court has opted not to review a law that penalises boycotting Israel in the state of Arkansas, leaving in place a lower court’s decision to uphold the…

Senate Bill Would Make It a Federal Crime to Boycott IsraelNew York Magazinehttps://nymag.com › intelligencer › 2017/07 › senate-bill…

Jul 19, 2017 — Fourteen Democrats co-sponsored a bill that would make supporting a boycott of Israel — or its settlements — punishable by 20 years in …

POLITICS EN — LARRY ROMANOFF: Biological Warfare in Action — Chapter 5 — The WHO – Depopulation is Reality 7 days ago admin December 31, 2023 00000 Biological Warfare in Action Biological Warfare in Action 5. Chapter 5 – The WHO – Depopulation is Reality By Larry Romanoff CONTENT 5.1. Introduction 5.2. And Polio, Too . . […]

Israeli family of key case in NY Times report refutes story of alleged rape by Hamas fighters

Press TV – January 4, 2024 The Israeli family of a key case in the New York Times report on alleged sexual violence by Hamas fighters on October 7 renounces the published story, saying reporters have manipulated them. On December 28, the New York Times published a story, claiming that fighters of the Palestinian Hamas resistance group allegedly […]

Israeli family of key case in NY Times report refutes story of alleged rape by Hamas fighters

Frank Kitson: some say the devil is dead.

All colonial armies claim to be the most moral in the world. Indeed, the empires that stand behind them typically spout rhetoric about spreading civilisation as a fig leaf to cover naked resource extraction, constant oppression, and occasional genocide. Yet, from the playing fields of Eton to the green benches of the Mother of all […]

Frank Kitson: some say the devil is dead.

Photos: Ruin and desperation in Gaza as Israeli genocide continues to rage

from thefreeonline on 4th Jan 2023  by Al Jazeera    Live updates

The Israeli military has hit Gaza’s southern city of Khan Younis yet again, with relentless artillery shelling and air strikes on residential areas.

A Palestinian girl wounded in the Israeli bombardment of the Gaza Strip receives treatment at the Nasser hospital in Khan Younis, Southern Gaza Strip.
A Palestinian girl wounded by Israeli bombardment receives treatment at the Nasser hospital in Khan Younis. [Mohammed Dahman/AP Photo]

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society headquarters was targeted for the third time in less than a week. Several people were killed and wounded.

A main supporter of Gaza’s healthcare system, the damage to the medical equipment inside will further the human suffering here and the miserable situation of hospitals.

To the south in the city of Rafah, to which hundreds of thousands of internally displaced Palestinians have fled, non-stop shelling continued into Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, Israeli bulldozers were on agricultural land creating a “buffer zone”, and squeezing people into an even smaller area of the Gaza Strip.

Continue reading “Photos: Ruin and desperation in Gaza as Israeli genocide continues to rage”