Yemen’s Ansarullah resistance movement says the Saudi-led coalition has exploited a UN-sponsored truce to tighten the brutal blockade against the war-wracked country, stressing that it won’t allow the status quo to persist, and will inevitably launch missile strikes against the Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Troops from various units of the Yemeni Armed Forces participate in a massive military parade in the capital Sana’a, on September 21, 2022,
Ansarullah announced in a statement that even with the six-month truce that expired on October 2 last year and two rounds of negotiations to extend the ceasefire and lift the blockade on commercial airports and entry ports, the Riyadh-led alliance reneged on the terms of the ceasefire and did not honor previous agreements.
Nearly 2 years after Biden promised to End all American support for offensive operations in the war in Yemen, including relevant arms sales, his administration has yet to detail what forms of support the U.S. has cut off. Biden made the commitment in a February 2021 address
“The Saudi-led coalition’s main goal out of the truce was to stop the Houthi Ansarullah forces from carrying out retaliatory military operations against targets deep inside Saudi Arabia. Moreover, the crippling sea, land and air blockade on Yemen has created a humanitarian disaster in the country,” the statement read.
Ansarullah described the famine and siege as criminal and cruel strategies of the Saudi-led coalition against Yemen, arguing that the practice amounts to mass murder under the United Nations Charter and principles.
“Siege is same as a war, whose primary purpose is to kill as many Yemenis as possible and take revenge on them by destroying people’s livelihood. The Saudi-led coalition’s intention behind the ceasefire was to ramp up the economic blockade against Yemen,” the statement read.
Ansarullah noted, “The Riyadh-led alliance took advantage of the siege as a weapon of war against Yemen. The ceasefire also proved that the Saudi-led coalition was not looking for any measure to reduce the sufferings of the Yemeni nation. It is firmly against payment of salaries to civil servants and knows no limits to tighten the blockade.”
Bin Salman seeking a way out of Yemen quagmire: Report
The Lebanese Arabic-language daily newspaper al-Akhbar has reported that Saudi Arabia’s crown prince and de facto leader is seeking to get himself out of the crisis created in Yemen.
The second crucial flaw in Biden’s approach is that he did not call for an immediate end to the Saudi blockade of Yemen.The U.S. tacitly cooperates with the blockade by not challenging it, and the U.S. Navy occasionally announces it has intercepted ‘smuggled’ weapons.
The newspaper wrote that Mohammed bin Salam has suggested that Ansarullah maintain control over Yemen in exchange for security guarantees to the Riyadh regime.
It said the latest round of indirect and behind-the-scenes talks between Ansarullah representatives and Saudi diplomats with Oman, a Persian Gulf country that borders both Yemen and Saudi Arabia, as mediator had more fateful results than the previous ones.
“Riyadh is now showing a lot of flexibility during negotiations. It currently has no concern other than getting security guarantees that strategic facilities deep inside the country would not be hit. It has abandoned the illusion of turning Yemen into a country under its tutelage, and has instead sufficed for security assurances,” the newspaper wrote
Saudi Arabia, in collaboration with its Arab allies and with arms and logistics support from the US and other Western states, launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015.
The objective was to crush the popular Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of a functional government in Yemen, and reinstall the Riyadh-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
While the Saudi-led coalition has failed to achieve any of its objectives, the war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and spawned the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:
Peace demo against Yemen slaughter
About Suffering: A Massacre of the Innocents in Yemen January 29, 2021
Media for Justice and Peace… March 16, 2022
- Ansarullah: Yemen Has Upper Hand in Deterrence, Seeks ‘Permanent Ceasefire’ with SaudisJanuary 1, 2023 The spokesman for Yemen’s Ansarullah resistance movement has reiterated the National Salvation Government’s determination to strike a permanent ceasefire, stressing that the military might of the Yemeni Armed Forces and their allies deters all threats. Mohammed Abdul Salam, who is also head of Yemen’s national negotiating delegation, told the al-Masirah television network that the Sana’a-based government is resolved to reach a strong and permanent truce, and is serious about the separation of humanitarian issues from political and military matters.
- US Interests ‘Legitimate Targets’ If Washington Keeps Supporting Saudi War on Yemen – AnsarullahDecember 17, 2022 By Staff, Agencies A senior member of Yemen’s Ansarullah resistance movement warned the United States against its continued support for the devastating Saudi onslaught and all-out blockade against the country, saying that Washington’s strategic interests in the region would be the “legitimate targets” of retaliatory strikes by Yemeni armed forces if American statesmen do not abandon the policy.