Revolutionary Struggle members Nikos Maziotis and Pola Roupa are on hunger strike since November 11th 2017.
The two imprisoned comrades are fighting against isolation measures; against specific provisions of the new correctional code aimed at repressing them as high-security prisoners; against the proposed detention of high-security prisoners in police stations; against the intended reinstatement of the type C prison regime. They also demand an immediate end of the solitary confinement imposed on Nikos Maziotis (since July, the comrade is kept isolated from other prisoners by a decision of the justice ministry); an extension of visiting hours based on the frequency of visits a prisoner has; appropriate visitation rooms for incarcerated parents to meet with their children.
- see also..Pola Roupa vows to Fight as her comrade Falls
- GREEK ANARCHISTS SENTENCED AS ESCAPE BID FAILS. NIKOS GETS LIFE + 129 YRS.They made it clear from the outset that they only receive water. They have repeatedly asked to be granted unhindered phone communication with their six-year-old son before being transferred from Koridallos prisons to any hospital.
On December 2nd, Nikos Maziotis and Pola Roupa were transferred to a hospital outside the prisons due to the deterioration of their health condition. However, the next day both comrades asked to be sent back to the prisons because eventually they were not permitted unhindered phone communication with their child.
On December 4th, Nikos Maziotis burned and destroyed the B’ isolation section in the basement of Koridallos women’s prison, where he has been held in solitary confinement for 5 months. He was then moved to the prison infirmary because of the fumes, and was threatened with further isolation – this time in a disciplinary unit of Koridallos prisons.
In the early hours of December 5th, hunger strikers Nikos Maziotis and Pola Roupa were forcibly transferred outside Koridallos prisons. The prison prosecutor ordered their involuntary hospitalization. They are currently being kept at the General State Hospital of Nikaia, both threatened with force-feeding. As of yet, the hospital doctors have not succumbed to the prosecutor’s order.
Nikos Maziotis and Pola Roupa continue their hunger strike. They have stated they will not accept serum, and will act against involuntary treatment and force-feeding (torture) in every possible way.
More Greek Anarchist Posts
- Kalashnikov attack on Greek PM after New Tax «
- 6000 shout FREE KOSTAS SAKKAS, now 1 month on hungerstrike |
- Villa Amalia re-eviction: 10,000 demonstrate!
- Greece: riots/protests in over 26 cities after Pavlos murdered by Nazis
Tessaloniki : Raids and arrests of squat Assembly
Greece: riots/protests in over 26 cities after Pavlos murdered by Nazis
Glimpses of Social Revolution… Greece and Spain
- Greek anarchists cook in solidarity for refugees
One thought on “Hunger Strike .. Anarchist Comrades Pola and Nikos Forced into Hospital”