In Spain hundreds of thousands of people have been evicted from their homes after the capitalist property speculation bubble popped and they were left paying impossible mortgages. Evictions have been running at over 500 a day!.
Under Spanish law you not only lose the house but have to go on paying literally forever.There was a spate of victims committing suicide and a new law to change all this was proposed by a peoples coalition (PAH) wth more than a million supporters (organised locally without leaders). Continue reading “Squatted Bank wins reprieve after Fierce Campaign”
Due to the ”crisis” and the Libor loan rate fixing crimes, millions of us have lost or are in danger of losing our homes and/or liberty, while the 1% have moved up to $600 trillions of our credit to tax havens. Amazing but tyrue!
For me the best solution is community real wealth sharing, without money or nations. But this may be some time in coming.
Meanwhile if you’re trapped in debt here’s some ideas for fighting back.
1) Sue the banks, maybe an idea for a large group of pissed off victims. They took billions by rigging the Libor rates. We want it all back.
* McDonald’s promote their food as ‘nutritious’, but the reality is that it is junk food – high in fat, sugar and salt, and low in fibre and vitamins. A diet of this type is linked with a greater risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and other diseases. Their food also contains many chemical additives, some of which may cause ill-health, and hyperactivity in children. Don’t forget too that meat is the cause of the majority of food poisoning incidents.
* Workers in the fast food industry are paid low wages. McDonald’s do not pay overtime rates even when employees work very long hours. Pressure to keep profits high and wage costs low results in understaffing, so staff have to work harder and faster. As a consequence, accidents (particularly burns) are common. The majority of employees are people who have few job options and so are forced to accept this exploitation, and they’re compelled to ‘smile’ too! Not surprisingly staff turnover at McDonald’s is high, making it virtually impossible to unionise and fight for a better deal, which suits McDonald’s who have always been opposed to Unions.
* Vast areas of land in poor countries are used for cash crops or for cattle ranching, or to grow grain to feed animals to be eaten in the West. This is at the expense of local food needs. McDonald’s continually promote meat products, encouraging people to eat meat more often, which wastes more and more food resources. 7 million tons of grain fed to livestock produces only 1 million tons of meat and by-products. On a plant-based diet and with land shared fairly, almost every region could be self-sufficient in food.
* Forests throughout the world – vital for all life – are being destroyed at an appalling rate by multinational companies. McDonald’s have at last been forced to admit to using beef reared on ex-rainforest land, preventing its regeneration. Also, the use of farmland by multinationals and their suppliers forces local people to move on to other areas and cut down further trees……………….CONTINUED