by RT The Saudi-led coalition in Yemen is recruiting Sudanese child soldiers from war-torn Darfur to serve on the front lines, according to a new report claiming children as young as 14 comprise up to 40 percent of some units.
Reports from Sudanese soldiers who’ve returned from Yemen indicate up to 14,000 Sudanese have been fighting for the Saudi-led coalition. Most hail from Darfur, a region still mired in chaos after a prolonged and bloody war that saw 300,000 people killed and 1.2 million displaced from their homes, and many are children, according to a shocking report from the New York Times.
So few are opportunities in war-torn Darfur that some families actually bribe militia officers to take their sons to fight in Yemen, according to the report. The Times interviewed five fighters returning from Yemen who confirmed children as young as 14 comprised at least a fifth of their units. Two soldiers said the proportion was closer to 40 percent. Continue reading “US backed Saudis hire African Child Soldiers in Yemen Invasion”
Impunity: …..´The Saudi Royal Family can do whatever it likes , ever since 1945 they get protection from the US in exchange for oil and arms trade in dollars. ( eg. even though the 9/11 outrage was done by Saudi citizens the US attacks Afghanistan and Iraq instead ). Little by little impunity has bred arrogant religious fanaticism and the power crazed billionaire Saudi warlords seem delighted to starve and bomb Yemen, just to have their chosen puppet President Hadi in power’.
Saudi Arabia has halted oil shipments through the Bab-el-Mandeb Strait, the country’s energy minister has said. It follows a Houthi/Ansarullah missile attack on a Saudi oil tanker off Yemen’s western coast after the latest massacre of children by Saudi Air Force .
The tanker attack was ‘in response to the US-Saudi massacre in Hodaydah’ (July.16.2018)
Bob Cavnar, an oil industry expert, told Al Jazeera the announcement had already added $1 to the cost of a barrel of oil on stock markets. He said any delay in the delivery of crude from Saudi Arabia would have repercussions on global supplies and economies.
The halt in shipments will last ‘until the safety of shipments through the strait, which connects the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, is ensured’, Khalid Al-Falih said in a statement.
Hopefully the missile attacks will finally force the Saudis to the negotiating table. After 3 years ignoring the continuing massacre for arms profits the West may finally take notice with the threat of soaring oil prices.
The Houthi/Ansarullah fired one of their increasingly sophisticated home made missiles at the passing Saudi oil tanker, the NCC Dammam in response to an air strike on Hodeidah on Monday that massacred at least a dozen civilians, including seven children.
The damage to the tanker, by chance was only slight, but the attack has forced the Saudis to suspend the hugely important passage of its tankers through the narrow Bab-el-Mandeb strait.
Tensions have been rising in recent days after the Houthis/Ansarullah, who control most of northern Yemen, launched a series of missile strikes on Saudi Arabia, including the capital Riyadh.
North and West Yemen are now effectively a separate country, (as they were before for many years). The war began when Saudi Arabia ”appointed” their president Hadi, (he was the only candidate in disputed elections), causing the Houthii/Ansarullah movement to eventually rise up and sweep the country.