CLICK ON ARTICLES FOR MORE INFO
- Japan Professor: Damage from Fukushima is unprecedented, a disaster never before experienced in human history; Some say it could affect… yesterday
- Radiation in Fukushima groundwater skyrockets 3,500+ times over weekend — Just 5 meters from Pacific Ocean — Nothing being done to stop it… 6 hours ago Continue reading “Fukushima Fallout . the Plague Begins”
10/09/2013 by Don Quijones
This week’s film of the week is an absolute must-watch documentary for anybody remotely interested in what’s happening in the present and what lies in store for the future. Continue reading “Film of Week: We Are Legion — Story of the Hacktivists”
Day 3: Autonomous Schools, Banks… Resistance. #Escuelita Zapatista
“Our Weapons are Our Words, Our Thinking, Our Hearts.”
“We are the Guardians of our Mother Land – it is not a commodity, it’s our mother.”
Day 2: Women’s Government at Zapatista Freedom School
More than 1500 invited students are in the Lacandonan Jungle taking part in the Zapatista Freedom school this week. The school has also gone online also with registered studemts participating by teleconference around the world. Due to demand new courses are planned for Dec and Jan. Ask for invite or register for next teleconference
On the second day of sessions, our six Zapatista teachers from the autonomous communities talked about the Women’s Revolutionary Law which was created since the beginning of their fight (see below the 10 Principles of that Act which was made public since their uprising in 1994).
1. Women, regardless of their race, creed, color or political affiliation, have a right to participate in the revolutionary struggle in any way that their desire and capacity determine. Continue reading “Zapatist School Day 2: Women’s Government”
Hello from Barcelona,——–This is the (almost) weekly newsletter that will inform you about the activities of 15M movement in Barcelona, Catalonia and occasionally the main events in Spain.
1. After the strike, direct action in universities
2. Integral revolution continues while Enric Duran is chased by banksters
3. Peoplewitness: media activism workshop on the road Continue reading “Barcelona #15M Newsletter 41: direct action/Enric Duran/media activism”
The Coordinadora 25S has made public it’s support for an active participation in the General Strike called for the 14th of November. Throughout this day of mobilization and struggle, the Coordinadora will place all their endeavors, together with workers and organizations and social movements, to achieve a paralysis of the country in a Social General Strike, of production and consumption. Continue reading “General Strikes..Surround Spanish Congress..14to15 Nov”
Another capitalist murder : A woman commits suicide in Barakaldo when they were coming to evict her home .
A 53 year old woman has died in Barakaldo after throwing herself out the window when a judicial commission would proceed to eviction her home, according to Europa Press.
Apparently, she was perched on a chair and was threw herself into space from the fourth floor of the building and died on the spot.
The government spokesman Lakua, Idoia Mendia, has reported that the deceased is Amaia Egaña, wife of PSE Barakaldo, ex counsellor Jose Manuel Asensio, who has been treated at the scene by psychologists. The victim lived at the home with her husband and son, 21 years old.
‘Stop Evictions’ of Biscay have called a concentration at 21.00 at night outside the home.. In Donostia, the protest will take place at 19.00 in the Boulevard.
The association Berri-Otxoak has organized a demonstration at 1930, that depart from the Court of Barakaldo. Continue reading “Woman suicides before debt eviction. Demos..”
Campaign for Truth Commision begins
Thousands of people applauded Baltasar Garzon in the Puerta del Sol in an event organized to demand a Truth Commission which drew historical memory associations, relatives of victims, politicians, trade unionists, lawyers and people who wanted to vindicate the need not to forget the history of recovering hundreds of thousands of reprisals by the Franco regime that still remain missing in pits and ditches throughout the national territory. Continue reading “‘Spanish Democracy built over pits of Corpses’”
Yesterday 25th Sept tens of 1000s surrounded the Spanish Congress demanding it be dissolved to begin a new system and Constitution. The police attacked without provocation and brutally injured and arrested many. Another demo will follow today at 7 pm.
How many police does it take to torture one boy?
Anonymous was there
15 M Take the Streets group arriving
Battle of Neptune Square (we lost)
The Government publicly congratulated the police actions
- Violence Erupts as Thousands Descend on Madrid, Demanding Resignation of Congress (thedailysheeple.com)
- Occupy Protests in Spain Inspire Anonymous to ‘Operation Spain’ (betabeat.com)
- Spanish Revolution Diary for Sept 2012. (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- Take the Streets. Spanish Revolution update (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- Spain: Social Revolution begins as Capitalism Collapses. (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: How We Surprised Ourselves (occupyusatoday.com)